[wmii] Bars with long lines of text

From: Tom Lieber <alltom_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:32:20 -0400

I have a bar script that occasionally tries to show a line of text
which is very long. When it is long enough, wmii seems to 'give up'
sizing altogether and split the screen evenly among all the bars.
Since this is the stretch bar anyway (furthest left, after the tags),
Is there a way for me to disable this response to long text?
Alternatively, is it possible to determine or estimate the number of
characters that will fit?

Sincerely,

Tom Lieber
http://AllTom.com/