Re: [wmii] Bars with long lines of text

From: Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:08:29 -0400

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 08:32:20PM -0400, Tom Lieber wrote:
>I have a bar script that occasionally tries to show a line of text
>which is very long. When it is long enough, wmii seems to 'give up'
>sizing altogether and split the screen evenly among all the bars.
>Since this is the stretch bar anyway (furthest left, after the tags),
>Is there a way for me to disable this response to long text?
>Alternatively, is it possible to determine or estimate the number of
>characters that will fit?
Yes, I fixed this for wmii-3 a couple of weeks ago or so. You need to install
mercurial and get wmii-3 tip like this:

hg clone http://wmii.de/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/wmii-3

--
Kris Maglione
We assume familiarity with Rubik's Cube, the delights of which cannot be presented adequately in a textual description!  - an algorithms textbook