[wmii] stability question

From: Khalil Petit <kh.p_AT_no-log.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 23:36:23 +0200

Hello.

In the last ten months, wmii made a lot of change, especially with
wmii 3.1. Many things changed, default key-binding, config file,
etc.
In fact i think wmii 3.1 is way better than wmii version 2,
but i also think configuration file as well as key-binding need
some more stability, or some more maturity.

Of course wmii isn't user-friendly, or not really reguarding to
what users are waiting for usually, but even an admin can be
borred if he has to change or to learn again the way softwares he
uses work.

Well in fact, to me, wmii-3 is way better than older version, and
thanks changes you made, but i can't see what is the goal of wmii,
is it to become more popular in the wm world (wich mean also to
users, who need stability) or to stay as an elite-geek wm who can
learn again how their software work at each new release ?

Also, "Because dwm is customized through editing its source code,
it's pointless to make binary packages of it. This keeps its
userbase small and elitist." does that mean wmii is designed for
low-level users ?

--
Khalil Petit - KeyID: 0x4E5AF174
Imagination is more important than Knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create." Albert Einstein.