Re: [wmii] Re: layout per tag.

From: Andy Gimblett <A.M.Gimblett_AT_swansea.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:00:07 +0100

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 04:09:29PM +0200, Denis Grelich wrote:

> What do you want there, if it's empty? ;)
>
> No, seriously. If you REALLY REALLY REALLY want them, you still
> could hard-code a button on the bar that switches to the »mail«
> view, and edit the M-1/2/3 shortcuts accordingly. Maybe three lines
> in wmiirc, and exactly the behaviour you want.

That's a fabulous suggestion, perfect in its simplicity, and the only
problem is, I can't get it to work. :-(

Now, this might be because I'm using Mauricio Fernandez' ruby magic,
but I can't see how to add buttons to the _start_ of the bar, on the
left. This is, obviously, where I'd want them, so that
dynamically-created buttons appeared after them on the bar.

I can add buttons with something like:

wmiir create /bar/1.c
wmiir write /bar/1.c/data
1.c
^D

but this creates a button to the right of the dynamically-created view
buttons, in the midst of my status bar "buttons", essentially.

Am I missing something here? Or is it actually impossible to create
buttons at the far left of the status bar?

Thanks,

-Andy

--
Andy Gimblett