[wmii] Re: wmii-4 is dead?

From: Chris King <colanderman_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 16:52:26 -0400

On 8/30/06, Suraj N. Kurapati <skurapat_AT_ucsc.edu> wrote:
> For example, I want to make a new empty view and focus it; if the view is
> empty
> when I move away from it, then the WM should destroy it. This is just like
> what
> Jeremy described: "an empty can only exist while it is current".

I'll second this. My use case is sometimes I have to start an app
which opens more than one window on startup. Having to move all these
to another view after it starts is annoying, even more so since I must
wait for it to finish loading before I can do anything. (I know I can
define rules to automatically place the app in its own view but
sometimes I must run multiple instances of it in different views.)

- Chris King