Re: [wmii] wmii-3.1 bug (fix): libixp overload

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:02:19 +0200

On Sun, Oct 08, 2006 at 02:44:13PM -0700, Suraj N. Kurapati wrote:
> Suraj N. Kurapati wrote:

> > Now that we agree, could you please consider my release request[1]?
> >
> > Thanks for your consideration.
> >
> > [1] http://wmii.de/pipermail/wmii/2006-September/002727.html
>
> Here is the latest update on this issue, AFAIK. Please correct me if
> I am wrong.
>
> Anselm, Uriel, and Denis G. are working hard to make an intermediate
> wmii-3.5 release (which fixes the above problem), which can be
> expected sometime in November.

It's true that I work on an intermediate release, which can be
expected in November. It will be a sanitized code base (only
consisting of wmii-related stuff (wmii, wmiirc), separated libixp,
removed liblitz, separated tools). I don't think Uriel is
working on wmii, he told me that he uses Plan 9 and Inferno atm
and that he doesn't cares about wmii.

I think after the intermediate release it might be a good idea
if Denis G. could take over the maintainership. We have October
already and Kris didn't showed up again, thus I suspect he isn't
interested in continuing wmii development.

Regards,