Re: [wmii] emacs (tool-bar-mode nil) long startup under wmii

From: Jeremy Maitin-Shepard <jeremy_AT_jeremyms.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 18:53:08 -0400

I've seen this problem also. I believe it occurs because wmii does not
send a synthetic ConfigureNotify event in some cases in response to
ConfigureRequest events, as the ICCCM requires; as a result, I believe
some programs end up waiting for a little while for the synthetic
ConfigureNotify to come. The fix is to make wmii properly send
synthetic ConfigureNotify events. I have written a patch to do this
(and which fixed the problem for me) for a particular snapshot of wmii 4
(which I also posted to this list previously):

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/jmaitins/wmii-20060705-improvements.diff

This patch includes a bunch of stuff, but you can try to extract the
relevant portion. Alternatively, you could just write your own patch
which does things a bit more properly than mine.

--
Jeremy Maitin-Shepard