Compiler compatibility (Was: [wmii] Finally we got a new maintainer)

From: Stefan Tibus <sjti_AT_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:49:48 +0100

Hello Anselm, hello Denis,

> I'm glad to announce that Denis
> Grelich takes over the project and maintains it in the future.
that's great news!

As already mentioned before on this list, I stumbled over some
syntax problems when trying to compile libixp/wmii using Sun's
compiler. Apparently this is due to using non-standard plan9c
syntax.

My workaround currently consists in removing the anonymous unions
in libixp/ixp.h and introducing explicit casting of a single pointer
to void in wmii/fs.c. The patches (with some minor changes in wmiirc
as well) are attached, they apply to yesterday's download. However,
using named unions might be the better alternative...

Regards,
Stefan

P.S. Is it planned to put client-swapping back into wmii?