Re: [wmii] resizal of windows over fs/keyboard

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:50:33 +0100

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 08:46:26AM +0100, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> I know Uriel will declare my proposal retarded as well, but why
> not mapping the complete data structure as is into a
> fs-representation? With a reworked libixp this might work pretty
> well and this way anyone can manipulate any struct field which
> one wants to manipulate. You'd need to write a manipulation
> handler for each struct only which is used on fs-access.
>
> I agree that this design sucks to some extend, but it is
> simplier and more straight-forward than 'trying to find a sane
> fs design' - the proposal of JG was fine, however I doubt it
> will be implemented...

A remark for this: once you have a 1:1 representation of data
structs and fs, you could use Uriels shifs to develop a better
highlevel fs-structure (instead of editing the source code all
along and changing the fs hierarchy with each release) - you
could even supply different kinds of fs-structures as a
front-end access.

--
 Anselm R. Garbe >< http://suckless.org/~arg/ >< GPG key: 0D73F361