Re: [wmii] resizal of windows over fs/keyboard

From: Denis Grelich <denisg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:04:36 +0100

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:46:26 +0100
"Anselm R. Garbe" <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:

> I know Uriel will declare my proposal retarded as well, but why
> not mapping the complete data structure as is into a
> fs-representation? With a reworked libixp this might work pretty
> well and this way anyone can manipulate any struct field which
> one wants to manipulate. You'd need to write a manipulation
> handler for each struct only which is used on fs-access.

One can overdo everything ;)
I don't see where it would be easier to write shell scripts or having
yet another layer to do window management, than just modifying the
source if you are so unhappy with what the wm does.

> I agree that this design sucks to some extend, but it is
> simplier and more straight-forward than 'trying to find a sane
> fs design' - the proposal of JG was fine, however I doubt it
> will be implemented...

Could someone please point me to what "the proposal of JG" actually
was? I was looking for it, but had a hard time finding anything
concrete.