Re: [wmii] More about Rii

From: Martin Stubenschrott <stubenschrott_AT_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 20:23:30 +0100

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 11:14:59PM +0100, Daniel Waeber wrote:

> I have put the first alpha release on rubyforge:
> http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=2948
>
> It is still under development, but as it will just evolve very slow,
> because I have not much time, I just put up the version so very one
> willing to test it can do so. Don't expect it to work, the wmiirc is
> just for my system and perhaps the Rakefile only works for linux machines.
>
> Any input is welcome. I'll be around in #wmii some hours each day if you
> have some questions.
>
> For all who try to use it, good luck ;)

Thanks, I tried it, and since use quite the same software as you do
(urxvtd/c, feh, remind) and even hat transset-df installed, it was very
easy to use it.

First impression: slow!
Let me explain why: I had a column with 4 clients in default mode, and
held mod4 down and pressed (and kept holding) the K key to cycle through
clients in a continuous mode, and wmii nearly began to hang itsself ;)
But this was just due to the FocusClient hook and the transset-df
settings. After I disabled them, I came to the

Second impression: Wow, fast!

And at least basic commands are working, though no dmenu related things,
like mod4-p or mod4-a where just an empty dmenu window comes up. Need to
look into it more, why this isn't working...

Unfortunatly not even mod4-1/2/3/4/etc. for switching to a tag work yet.

Anyway, thanks a lot for rii/libixp-ruby, I'll probably use it on a
daily basis now.

--
Martin