Re: [wmii] More about Rii

From: Daniel Waeber <_wabu_AT_web.de>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:01:38 +0100

Martin Stubenschrott wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 10:26:34PM +0100, Daniel Waeber wrote:
>>> And at least basic commands are working, though no dmenu related things,
>>> like mod4-p or mod4-a where just an empty dmenu window comes up. Need to
>>> look into it more, why this isn't working...
>> The list will be generated on your input. Each tag has it's own list of
>> mostly used programms. But you have to used mod-a quit command, so the
>> list will be saved. You can try mod-a Prog.store (in the svn version) to
>> see if it is working.
>
> Ah, I see, ok then at least it works as you described. Nice idea, still
> not totally sure if it's better than listing all programs in $PATH, but probably
> it is, you're right.
The good thing is that they will be sorted according to there usage.
Also try to use mod-o to get a menu for unknown tags ;)
But perhaps I'll implement mod-i to get a menu for all programs.

>>> Unfortunatly not even mod4-1/2/3/4/etc. for switching to a tag work yet.
>> Thats strage, it should work, at least with wmii-3.5.1. But check out
>> the svn version, perhaps it's already solved.
>> svn checkout svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rii
>> The scripts will improve as I and other use them
>>
>> Moreover you can try to start a new wmiirc in a terminal and send the
>> output after mod4-1... presses
>
> Ok, now with latest svn at least works, but not as expected. After
> startup, I just have one 'work' workspace. When I make a new "workspace"
> 2 with winkey-t, I can switch between them with winkey1/2. But I was
> used to get an empty "workspace" created when I press winkey2 and there
> were just no clients yet. This makes more sense than to start an app and
> move it to a new workspace afterwards.

I have implemented pressing mod-` or an to high number to give you an
remembering menu for viewnames.

> Moving a client to a numbered tag with mod4+shift+number also does not
> work, but that's probably due to your README entry of prefering tag
> names to numbers :)

I think of tag more as view for a special task, not as numbers that
could changes their task. I don't want look through all the tags, where
did I start to programming, I just have a tag rii or rii.dbg and know
what they are doing. (Perhaps I'll ignore \..* for tagnames so rii and
rii.dbg get the same menu/path). So in combination with cdtag and the
menus that will be better as numbers, imho.
But you still can edit the wmiirc file.

> But great work within a day, now it seems much more polished, and really
> ready for daily usage, thanks!
>
> BTW: great idea to support mouse the mouse wheel on the bar and on
> client frames! Also to kill a client with a right click was a much
> missed feature I had configured in ion3 (actually I was used to middle
> click to close but that can be changed easily in your wmiirc).
>
> --
> Martin

Regards
        wabu