Re: [wmii] "Rows" of columns? (feature/behaviour suggestion)

From: Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 20:29:00 -0500

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 10:19:03PM +0100, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
>Actually this seems a good point - and I recommend thinking
>about a floating mode like in dwm, which treats all windows
>floating (including the tiled ones). Otherwise it is pretty
>awkward to rearrange all windows for free.

I don't like this model at all. The biggest problem with it is that you
can't move managed windows out of the way to get to the floating windows
underneath them. If floating windows are in the way, they can be moved
offscreen. Otherwise, you can keep them on separate tags. The
possibility of allowing virtual tags without floating layers has entered
my mind, but I don't like it much.