Re: [wmii] "Rows" of columns? (feature/behaviour suggestion)

From: Chris Foster <foster_AT_physics.uq.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 01:43:17 +1000

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 04:23:19PM +0100, Kai Grossjohann wrote:
> However, Mark claims that the currently provided nagivation by views
> can be used to handle navigation by rectangular regions, as well. But
> I don't see how that would work.

Well I can't see how it would work efficiently at least (in terms of
number of keystrokes).

> Proposals: (1) Provide commands to navigate to the next/previous
> rectangular region. (2) Conceptually line up the regions from left to
> right (regardless of their actual orientation on screen) and define
> that moving right from a rightmost column will move to the next region
> in sequence.

To me this all looks like adding a lot of complexity for too little
gain... And if your rectangular regions are going to have tags, how
would you handle the important corner case of multiple regions (say 1
and 2) appearing on the same screen, when a client is at the same time
tagged as 1+2?

~Chris.