Re: [wmii] wmii on Windows

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:55:16 +0100

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 03:08:15PM -0500, Kris Maglione wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 01:30:28AM +0530, Ajeetpal Grewal wrote:
> >I was wondering if a port of wmii to Windows exists (or is being
> >developed).
>
> As much as we hate X11, none of us is willing to touch the Windows API,
> and none of us uses Windows enough to justify doing it. If you want such
> a thing, you'll have to write it yourself, and give it a different name.
> There will be no officially sanctioned Windows port.

Actually I got a low priority TODO item: porting dwm in
C for .NET if there is some spare time in the future. But note,
if I do it, this will be commercial software - as I don't see
any reason why I should develop it for free under Windows Vista
(the Visual Studio 2007 + Windows Vista licenses cost a lot, so
at least I want get back those costs) - if anyone knows a
company who'd made an initial donation (a Vista box + Visual Studio
send me a priv mail)...
Another reason for making such project commercial is
'Schmerzensgeld' in German words - dunno if 'smart money' would
be the correct English translation. Actually the pain developing
and using Windows has to be paid at least - that's what it
means...

I got a similiar idea for OS X as well, but as I told that has
low priority... and I consider developing for OS X is more
painful than for Windows.

Regards,