Re: [wmii] wmii and conkeror

From: Uriel <uriel99_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 19:17:16 +0100

On 2/18/07, nicky van foreest <vanforeest_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > No, I use ed almost every day. It is the most convenient tool to make
> > small or systematic edits and works almost[1] the same everywhere,
> > even in braindamaged lunix systems.
>
> ok. This convinces me. I'll give it a try.

Using ed inside a sane terminal (ala rio/9term) is a big plus too,
specially hold mode and being able to edit and send previous commands.
No need for no stinking libreadline insanity.

> > amount of complementarity. At the same time I doubt that you have ever
> > used a GUI that made any good use of the mouse.
>
> You are right on this. I'll also try acme. There was one point. I do
> use latex a lot. I did some searching on what functionality acme
> offers on this, like auctex and reftex. Do you have any advice on
> this?

My advice is: troff or death.

I really have no clue about tex and friends, except knowing that the
tex tarball used to be bigger than the whole Plan 9 distribution.

uriel