Re: [wmii] "Lower window" or "send to back" option in unmanaged mode?

From: Denis Grelich <denisg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 12:35:31 +0100

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:49:49 +0000
"Mark Gibbens" <mark_AT_flet.org> wrote:

> Hi - my apologies if I've not kept up-to-date with versions and this
> has already been addressed in some way...
>
> Is there / could there be a way of lowering a window in floating mode?
>
> Often, I'm using floating mode and a large window completely obcures a
> window behind (GIMP being the commonest offender, curse it!). The
> only way to get to the "bottom" window is to move the top one out of
> the way.
>
> I wonder if Mod-Shift-Click could be used to lower a window?

This feature is rather peculiar and used seldom; most people wouldn't
be able to memorize it anyway. Let's keep the interface as simple as
possible.

> At one point, the floated windows were raised on focus which meant
> this problem was solved by cycling through windows with Mod1-[j][k].

Well, what can I say. They still are raised on M-jk. It might be a bug
in the version you use that it doesn't, so I recommend to upgrade to the
latest snap.

> I have to say I rather like "raise on focus".
> As a sneaky side-question, is it possible for a dumb user like me
> to turn this focus model back on - or is it best that I "take my
> medicine as doctor intended"? ;)

If a "dumb user" does not want to patch the source, then he can't ;)
Raise on focus really sucked, and most people were glad that it has
gone.

Greetings,
Denis