Re: [wmii] problem with snap20070218

From: Suraj N. Kurapati <skurapat_AT_ucsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 21:30:42 -0800

Kris Maglione wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 11:01:55PM -0600, Alex Kritikos wrote:
>> Another thing: when I close a gaim [...] wmii ends, and I'm tossed back
>> to the X display manger.
>
> There's absolutely no reason that X should die with wmii.

But it did; hence the bug.

> Simply start wmii from a loop, or start it in the
> background followed by a loop which sleeps, repeatedly.

This simply hides the fact that the bug even occurred in the first
place. It's like saying if you car breaks down, just start it up
again. Or like the ironic replacement of one oppressive government
with yet another oppressive government soon after a revolution.

> If you have a core and a debugging image, however, a backtrace
> would be welcome.

Aha! Now we are finally addressing the bug. ;)

--
Hardware: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.