[wmii] Imitation of Screen's 'meta' command

From: Björn Lindström <bkhl_AT_elektrubadur.se>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:53:24 +0100

Yesterday I asked in the IRC channel how to bind a key to your prefix
key. Since nobody there seemed to know, I thought I would post the
solution I finally arrived at.

For instance, I have set $MODKEY to "Control-t,", which works great
until one of my programs need me to press Control-t.

To work around this, like for instance Screen and ratpoison does with
their 'meta' command, I use the program attached at the end of this
mail.

I call the program 'meta', and put it in my ~/.wmii-x.x/

For two Control-t's in sequence to send one Control-t to the window in
focus, I have a binding like this in my wmiirc:

    $PREFIX-Control-t)
    meta &
    ;;

If you use another prefix key, you can simply modify the corresponding
constants in the program.