Re: [wmii] Imitation of Screen's 'meta' command

From: Cliff <cliffdickerson_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:52:14 -0800

I'm still trying to figure wmii so I hope this isn't to far off base.

Is the problem you are having with sending only ctrl+t's because its your
modkey or with any key bindings wmii uses that other programs also use? like
alt+num for irssi windows?
ruby-wmii has something similar to this, in that it lets you "turn off" key
bindings for the time being.

"modal key bindings: raw (pass-through) and normal

MODKEY2-space Switch between raw and normal input modes.
                     The current mode is indicated in the bar. All other key
                     bindings are ignored in raw mode."

http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?wmii+ruby

And I *think* I saw something like this implemented in rc via a
MODKEY2+ctrl+t to "switch off" key bindings.
I am looking back through my cache right now and I will post a url if I find
it.