Re: [wmii] wmiirc vs rc.wmii

From: Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:13:26 -0400

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 12:03:10PM +0200, francois.lagarde_AT_bruit.gotdns.org wrote:
>It appears that my file configuration wmiirc (under ./.wmii-3.5/) is still
>working. I read that in order to use the rc.wmii configuration script, I have to
>create a rc.wmii.local in ~/.wmii-3.5. I also tried to use
>http://www.suckless.org/~jg/rc.wmii.local.sample but without success.

To use rc.wmii, you must have either plan9port, or 9base from hg (the
tarball won't work, beause it lacks read(1)), installed where wmii can
find it. That means either under one of the predefined search paths, or
where $PLAN9 points (it must be set when you start wmiirc, or by your
login shell).

>between, instead of using xsetroot, i was used to chbg. Before the update, it worked,
>but now it doesn't do any effect.

I know nothing of chbg, but if it works from the command line, it should
work from yoru wmiirc.

--
Kris Maglione
The pills to be taken with meals will be the least