Re: [wmii] Full Screen Firefox

From: Mark Gibbens <mark_AT_flet.org>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 17:30:04 +0100

What policy does wmii have for applications that want to go "full
screen" - i.e. borderless and taking up the entire screen space?

Are there "correct" and "broken" ways for X clients to go into full-screen mode?

I use Opera which can't go full-screen in wmii - or at least, Opera
turns off all its toolbars, but remains within a managed workspace. I
think some conflict takes place between Opera and wmii, but wmii seems
to "win" and Opera is forced to behave and accept a managed window
model.

I don't have any problem with this, but am just interested in what
wmii's policy is, if it allows any kind of full-screen option for X
clients, and if it should (theoretically) work.

If I'm using a "broken" application, I'd like to have a moan at its developers.

Cheers for your time and thoughts (hardly a critical issue!),
Mark.