Re: [wmii] problems with (some) keybindings

From: Damien Wyart <damien.wyart_AT_free.fr>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 20:01:10 +0200

> > and this more or less crashes (or stucks) wmii : the mouse pointer
> > moves, but the keys do not respond and the status bar stays white.
> > The processes have to be killed by hand. Reverting to the previous
> > one seems to fix the problem, but the $DOWN... issue is still there.

* Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net> [070516 19:32]:
> It means that your wmiirc died for some reason, before it created the
> status bar. Add 'set -x' to the begining of it to get debugging
> output.

Ok, there was a first problem because conf_which() was undefined: its
definition is after the one of Action(). Correcting this makes things go
better, but my customized status() function is not taken into account
any more. And the keys still do not react, as reported earlier: I have
to go back to the previous version of the eval line. Also, I get
a message telling that Action_status is undefined.

I am a bit surprised: this seems I am alone having these problems ; is
it because there are very few testers or is my config unconventional?

Anyway, I think the current wmiirc script has a few glitches...

--
Damien Wyart