Re: [wmii] Full Screen Firefox

From: Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:13:56 -0400

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 03:02:39PM -0400, Jeremy Maitin-Shepard wrote:
>I know that it works by sticking the client in floating mode and
>aligning it just right (or at least that is how it worked when I looked
>at the code last, which was at least 9 months ago, perhaps it has
>changed since then, but it seems that it hasn't from your comment.) The
>point is that the way it _should_ work is that there is some sort of
>actual fullscreen flag or something like that, or at least a way to
>implement a fullscreen-like mode from the wmiirc program (perhaps via a
>way to disable window decorations on a particular frame).

The only way to make a client fullscreen is to simply make it the size
of the screen, and at the top of the stack. wmii happens to be lenient
and let other floating clients rise above it if you ask them to, because
I find that convenient. There is a flag. It can be utilized from wmiirc.

--
Kris Maglione
A free agent is anything but.