Re: [wmii] libnotify and wmii

From: Timo Benk <timo.benk_AT_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 08:11:52 +0200

Uriel wrote:
> I was going to ask what the hell is libnotify, but I'm scared of finding
> out...
>
> uriel
>
> On 6/20/07, Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 04:05:01PM +0200, Timo Benk wrote:
>> >i noticed the libnotify/notification-daemon notifications are "falling
>> >behind" managed windows and are no longer accessible as long as any
>> >foreground window is opened.
>> >
>> >These notifications are also not listed under "/clients".
>> >
>> >Is there some way to force these notifications to be in foreground
>> >in wmii?
>>
>> I know nothing of libnotify. Can you explain how the notifications
>> normally work?

Well, i heard nothing of libnotify as well before using gajim, a jabber
client.

libnotify works in conjunction with a notification-daemon and works as a
notification library for various instant messaging tools.

It pops up little notification windows when special events occur.

http://www.galago-project.org/news/index.php

Greetings,
-timo

--
Timo Benk - Jabber ID: timo_AT_jabjab.de - ICQ ID: #488595326
PGP Public Key: http://www.m64s19.vlinux.de/timo_benk_gpg_key.asc