[wmii] Mail notification

From: Adam Gray <adam_AT_bandstand.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:50:58 +0100

I want to implement some kind of mail notifier next to the clock in
the Wmii bar. Basically an equivalent of Xbiff, cause that doesn't
work terribly well on wmii due to the whole windowing thing. Just
something that checks periodically (local mail) and makes a little box
go red or something when there's new email.

I've been unable to find a huge amount of documentation on this kind
of thing so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Adam Gray
"Life + self-doubt = peace"
        -- Jan Buttinger