[wmii] setting the border doesn't work

From: Miernik <public_AT_miernik.name>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 07:05:14 +0200

Hello everyone, today I switched from Ratpoison, mainly because I missed
a presistent statusbar feature like in GNU screen. A long time ago I was
a Ion used, but switched to ratpoison because Ion was getting too
bloated.

But anyway, I am playing with it since a few hours, did read some docs,
works more or less fine. I use version in today's Debian sid:
3.6~rc2+20070518-1

Here is my first problem: setting the border doesn't work.

Here is what I have in the relevant part of ~/.wmii-3.5/wmiirc

# WM Configuration
wmiir write /ctl << EOF
font $WMII_FONT
focuscolors $WMII_FOCUSCOLORS
normcolors $WMII_NORMCOLORS
grabmod $MODKEY
border 0
EOF

And it seems to set the variable:

miernik_AT_tarnica:~$ wmiir read /ctl
view 1
focuscolors #ffffff #153F1F #2A7F3F
normcolors #222222 #5FBF77 #2A7F3F
font -*-fixed-medium-r-*-*-13-120-75-75-c-60-*-*
grabmod Mod1
border 0
miernik_AT_tarnica:~$

But no matter to what number I set it, 0, 1, 3 or 10, there is no visual
difference, I always have a 1 pixel green border, which I would like to
get rid of, because I hate borders, or anything which wastes my screen
real estate for useless distracting decorations.

So, what do I should do to get rid of the border?

Question two: what are called the funny 3 pixel corner decorations in
the upper left and upper right corners of the window, and how do I get
rid of them? On this screenshot there are not there:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/97/Wmii-3_screenshot.png
however on my system they are.

Question three: how do I disable focus-follows-mouse?

The guide
http://www.suckless.org/contrib/guide/wmii-3/guide-en/guide_en/node1.html
seems outdated, things are named differently in my installation, where I
can find the docs for my version? There aren't too many docs in the
Debian package, even the wmii-doc package contains only an outdated PDF
version of the above page.

--
Miernik
http://miernik.name/