Re: [wmii] setting the border doesn't work

From: Kris Maglione <bsdaemon_AT_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:09:25 -0400

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 07:05:14AM +0200, Miernik wrote:
>But no matter to what number I set it, 0, 1, 3 or 10, there is no visual
>difference, I always have a 1 pixel green border, which I would like to
>get rid of, because I hate borders, or anything which wastes my screen
>real estate for useless distracting decorations.

The border setting only applies to floating windows. The borders are not
useless or distracting, they're visual indicators of the boundaries of
windows, and are useful for mouse resizing. I think that you're looking
for dwm.

>Question two: what are called the funny 3 pixel corner decorations in
>the upper left and upper right corners of the window, and how do I get
>rid of them? On this screenshot there are not there:
>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/97/Wmii-3_screenshot.png
>however on my system they are.

They're layout boxes. You can only get rid of them by modifying the
code.

>The guide
>http://www.suckless.org/contrib/guide/wmii-3/guide-en/guide_en/node1.html
>seems outdated, things are named differently in my installation, where I
>can find the docs for my version? There aren't too many docs in the
>Debian package, even the wmii-doc package contains only an outdated PDF
>version of the above page.

Yes, it's very outdated. See the man pages.

--
Kris Maglione
Absolutely nothing in the world is friendlier than