Re: [wmii] [ANN] New wmii snap!

From: Aaron Grattafiori <Cogitate_AT_sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 08:31:39 -0700 (PDT)

> Uriel <uriel99_AT_gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The last 'combined' snapshot was somehow clobbered together, I don't
>> know how, and I really don't see the point in doing it again.
>
> Did you read my post carefully? I'm not sure... I give you
> two reasons there.
>
> Please make one think. You ask users for testing of the snapshot,
> but you don't help them to do it.
>
>> And I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for willful cvs/svn users, they
>> are like people insisting on using Ultrix in the 21th century, there
>> is just no excuse not to install mercurial.
>
> You don't have to like me. I don't care about it. But your words
> aren't even funny. Unfortunately there are simply stupid.
>
> I'm a happy cvs/svn users, because that SCMs do what I want.
> Probably other are better, but I don't need them now. Is it
> so hard to understand it?
>
> I guess you drive a new and modern car, because in 21th century
> we shouldn't use the cars older then 7 years ;)
>
> Have a nice day,
>
> Pawel

I agree with Pawel. I don't see why its so hard to create a wmii+ixp snap,
or just release a tgz of libixp like you do dmenu. I don't like having a
package require a library that you can't download without installing
mercurial. The "only excuse" is that you have a hybrid release pattern of
some tgz, some required, some need mercurial. I tried moving my ixp
headers from the old snap in and "making" but.. that didn't work. If I
have to install mercurial, I guess I can but.. its just silly not to stay
consistent.

thanks,

 -Aaron