Re: [wmii] Does wmii violate U.S. Patent No. 5,072,412?

From: Ivan F. Villanueva B. <wmii_AT_artificialidea.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:27:05 +0200

El Fri, Oct 12, 2007 12:04:55PM +0200, Paweł Tęcza escribió:
> This is a hot news [1]. Do you think that our darling wmii
> can violate that patent (User Interface with Multiple
> Workspaces for Sharing Display System Objects)? ;)

> [1] http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20071011205044141

You have found one which a court may agree it is infringed by Wmii, but what
about the other 100.000s software patents? How many may be seen as infringed
by Wmii? Who knows?

swpats are the most stupid thing in the IT world, please help killing them.

In Europe swpats are not allowed, but the European Patent Office (EPO) is
nevertheless granting them and pushing politicians to change the regulation.
See http://eupat.ffii.org/

--
Iván F. Villanueva B.
FFII.org Deutschland                  --  de.ffii.org