Re: [wmii] [ANN] wmii 3.6 released

From: Sky <webmaster_AT_sky-siteweb.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:46:31 +0100

Le Mon, 19 Nov 2007 22:23:39 +0900,
sqweek <sqweek_AT_gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Nov 18, 2007 10:09 PM, Sky <webmaster_AT_sky-siteweb.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've upgraded my wmii and now I have to wait 20 secondes for the boot of
> > wmii and urxvt is always opening in floating mode.
>
> No clue what might be causing that. Platform? Distribution? Any
> errors on the console during startup? Putting a set -x at the top of
> your wmiirc might give you some helpful information for diagnosing the
> startup wait.

I'm on gentoo: Linux skylaptop 2.6.22-suspend2-r2 #4 Thu Oct 11 08:47:35
CEST 2007 i686 Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU 410 @ 1.46GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

I use xorg-server-1.3 because the ati-drivers available in gentoo don't support
xorg-server-1.4. I have a friend with the same configuration who has the very
same problem.

I got no errors on the console.

I'm gonna try to add a "set -x".

I've notice that wmii is launching (I can see a white status bar, and the
little bars on the left right) and 20 seconds later the wmiirc is
executed.

> > And what are the advantages to install plan9 ?
>
> You can use rc.wmii.local to keep your custom changes seperate from
> the main rc file so you don't have to merge changes every time it
> updates. And you get all the neat plan 9 tools ;)
> -sqweek

Ok thanks.
-- Sky