Re: [wmii] [ANN] wmii 3.6 released

From: sqweek <sqweek_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:16:21 +0900

On Nov 28, 2007 11:48 PM, Ted Zlatanov <tzz_AT_lifelogs.com> wrote:
> I'd like to associate a corner/side of the screen with an action,
> similar to what the Gnome app Brightside or the Mac OS X corners do. It
> needs to have a configurable delay and size of the active zone. For
> example, moving the mouse to the top right could start xlock.
> Brightside doesn't work outside of Gnome, so it's not an option.
>
> I don't know if this belongs in wmii or in an external utility, but
> haven't found anything that does it. I think it's very useful.

 Synergy does this sort of thing without being tied to a specific
windowing system afaik (not that I've run it in wmii), so it should be
possible. wmii doesn't have any facilities to assist, so you'll have
to use some external app (which probably just creates an InputOnly
window on the edge of the screen).
-sqweek