Re: [wmii] [ANN] wmii 3.6 released

From: Ted Zlatanov <tzz_AT_lifelogs.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:45:50 -0600

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:16:21 +0900 sqweek <sqweek_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

s> On Nov 28, 2007 11:48 PM, Ted Zlatanov <tzz_AT_lifelogs.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to associate a corner/side of the screen with an action,
>> similar to what the Gnome app Brightside or the Mac OS X corners do. It
>> needs to have a configurable delay and size of the active zone. For
>> example, moving the mouse to the top right could start xlock.
>> Brightside doesn't work outside of Gnome, so it's not an option.
>>
>> I don't know if this belongs in wmii or in an external utility, but
>> haven't found anything that does it. I think it's very useful.

s> wmii doesn't have any facilities to assist, so you'll have to use
s> some external app (which probably just creates an InputOnly window on
s> the edge of the screen). -sqweek

It's basically xeyes with extra logic for resting the pointer in a
corner. I wish I knew X programming enough to do this myself. Maybe as
a side project I'll get to it.

Thanks
Ted