Re: [wmii] pidgin notifications

From: Alexis Hildebrandt <afh_AT_2drop.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 02:44:36 +0100

Hello Ivan F. Villanueva B. on Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 09:16:32PM CET, you wrote:
> If any of you is using another jabber client and have solved this problem, it
> would be helpful to know how too.

I'm using mcabber, which can call an external script upon jabber
activity. I wrote a script that creates a new rbar with the name of the
jabber contact, and counts the number of messages.
When I reply in mcabber or click the rbar the notification rbar is
removed.

Works great for me. Please find attached the scripts used in a somewhat
/etc/init.d manner. Sadly the scripts are written in sh and not rc,
which would make them more consistent with wmii.

Cheers Alexis.