Re: [wmii] [ANN] New snap: wmii+ixp-20080123

From: José Manuel Pavón Álvarez <chmeee_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 18:20:28 +0100

Hi,
thanks for this new release. I really enjoy using wmii and have
recently switched to be a full-time wmii user (sorry fluxbox guys,
I'll have you always in my heart).

I have noticed some weird things, though, I've been unable to determine.

First thing is bash. I run wmii on ubuntu now (gutsy) and since this
last version I don't get bash to read .bashrc every time I open a
terminal. Even when I run bash from the command line (bash, bash -i,
even bash -i --rcfile .bashrc). If I source it manually (. .bashrc) It
works.

Second thing is the behaviour of windows that spawn from applications
I have moved from it's original tag. That is, I open an application
(say gimp from alt-p) then send it to another tag and then open a
window from the app (file -> open). Then that window appears in the
original tag, not in the tag I am, which I thing is annoying.

I guess it is related to this from last snap e-mail:
"One more important thing, which I almost forgot. I've added a
hack to get programs you launch to do things you'd like, like
start on the view you opened them from, or float. It's evil,
yes, but it's been worth it to me. It won't work on terminals,
though, because they're suid root."

Is there anyway to avoid this. It's true that if I launch them from a
terminal, they behave normally.

Regards,

Chema.

--
My style, you can call the art of fighting without fighting.