Re: [wmii] [ANN] New snap: wmii+ixp-20080123

From: Kris Maglione <jg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:36:49 -0500

On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 06:20:28PM +0100, José Manuel Pavón Álvarez wrote:
>First thing is bash. I run wmii on ubuntu now (gutsy) and since this
>last version I don't get bash to read .bashrc every time I open a
>terminal. Even when I run bash from the command line (bash, bash -i,
>even bash -i --rcfile .bashrc). If I source it manually (. .bashrc) It
>works.

Apprarantly, bash doesn't realize that it's not supposed to
behave as a POSIX shell when it's not invoked as one, at least
not completely. It's GNU, so what can you expect? Anyway, see
the other reply.

>Second thing is the behaviour of windows that spawn from applications
>I have moved from it's original tag. That is, I open an application
>(say gimp from alt-p) then send it to another tag and then open a
>window from the app (file -> open). Then that window appears in the
>original tag, not in the tag I am, which I thing is annoying.

I'll fix this by the next snapshot. It's a tricky problem. At
first, I only applied the hack to the first window that the app
mapped, but xmessage turned out to map an invisible window
first, so that didn't work. I was considering applying a
timeout, but I haven't decided exactly how yet.

--
Kris Maglione
If you're wondering if you took the meat out to