Re: [wmii] [ANN] Rumai 1.0.0

From: Kris Maglione <jg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:45:22 -0500

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 09:42:16AM -0800, Suraj N. Kurapati wrote:
>> There was an article which advocated similar message passing style, and
>> I strongly disagreed with it. I'd prefer something more idiomatic, like:
>>
>> want rsp.type == Rversion.type
>> want rsp.version == req.Version
>
>Interesting; this seems like the Erlang style of programming where
>you have actors who can select messages to operate upon (using
>filters like the above code).

Heh... it's more like the standard assert(foo == bar). It just
uses a function rather than pushing a method on the entire
object hierarchy. It seems much clearer to me. The == operator
doesn't have a new meaning foisted on it, and it's clear that
the want function is not a method of whatever object it's
operating on.

--
Kris Maglione
When putting it into memory, remember where you put it.