Re: [wmii] [ANN] Rumai 1.0.0

From: Suraj N. Kurapati <snk_AT_gna.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 09:42:16 -0800

Kris Maglione wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 09:07:41AM -0800, Suraj N. Kurapati wrote:
>> there was no message_types.rb in my code.
>
> Sorry, message_spec.rb.

Ah, message_spec.rb is just a unit test (or "specification" as the
RSpec people like to say) that I used while developing the real code
in message.rb.

> And I was referring to:
>
> rsp.type.should == Rversion.type
> rsp.version.should == req.version

These are just assertions.

> There was an article which advocated similar message passing style, and
> I strongly disagreed with it. I'd prefer something more idiomatic, like:
>
> want rsp.type == Rversion.type
> want rsp.version == req.Version

Interesting; this seems like the Erlang style of programming where
you have actors who can select messages to operate upon (using
filters like the above code).