Re: [wmii] Switch to previous window or view?

From: David Morris <lists_AT_morris-clan.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 17:31:34 -0700

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 07:10:00PM -0500, Kris Maglione wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 05:08:33PM -0700, David Morris wrote:
>> I've even considered writing my own window manager in Python
>> (did I mention I can sympathize VERY well with Kris'
>> statement of "insane and idealistic"? ;). I just keep
>> getting distracted from the task every time I try and sit
>> down to figure out the XLib library.
>
> Ugh. If you're not insane already, once you figure out
> Xlib, you will be. Once you get through ICCCM, all hope is
> lost.

Somehow I'm not surprised. What is it about low-level
libraries that seems make developers throw their common
sense to the four winds? Its one reason I like Python...the
entire language is based around the premise of providing
simple and easy to use interfaces without sacrificing
flexibility.

If I can convince WMII to behave how I want (I'm still
impressed with it, BTW....I *very* much like the concept), I
might settle for that as close enough to my ideal...for now. ;)

--David