Re: [wmii] $MODKEY-t binding stopped working!

From: Pontus Andersson <a.pontus_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 11:31:40 +0100

Martin Swift wrote:
> I guess this came about when I was upgrading dmenu but even after
> remerging (recompiling with Gentoo's portage) both wmii and dmenu the
> problem persists. Any suggestions as to what may be wrong, or even how
> to fix it?

I think this is because dmenu has been changed. Before there existed a
"-b" argument flag that'd tell dmenu to place itself on the bottom of
the screen. Now there are "-x", "-y", and "-w" flags that will handle
the placement and size of dmenu.

  It's a pity that the "-b" flag was removed, because now you need to
calculate the units yourself in order to place it on the bottom of the
screen.

For a quickfix, you could play around with "-y" flag to get your dmenu
to be placed on the bottom, and then change your wmiirc accordingly. E.g.:
  $ echo | dmenu -y 1035

Best regards /Pontus