Re: [wmii] adjusting menu fonts in firefox under wmii

From: Kris Maglione <jg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 10:39:23 -0400

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:05:36AM -0400, Bill Puschmann wrote:
>It's been a while, but I remember using gtkchtheme in the past for
>stuff like this. Run it once, choose a theme and it creates all the
>gnome-ish theme configs for you. Firefox then picks up those values.
>The best part - no daemons and you can install different themes if
>that's your thing.

Right, that works if you just want to use theme fonts. The
problem comes when you use gnome font dialogs or the like. They
seem to require daemons. I suppose that one could write a GTK
theme file, but it's probably more trouble than it's worth.
Gnome also seems to require daemons for the likes of mouse
cursors (which only appear for GTK+ apps...). Hm. It's a mess.

Firefox, which is the only GTK-ish app that I use, doesn't care
much, though, as long as you don't use the `native' theme. It
draws its own menus, and uses whatever fonts its theme
specifies. (Incidentally, you should all try out Vimperator.)

--
Kris Maglione
Remain silent about your intentions until you are sure