Re: [wmii] Preparation for 3.7 Release.

From: Kris Maglione <jg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 09:19:02 -0400

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 11:22:24AM +0530, arnuld wrote:
> 1.) I am running stable version of wmii with dmenu 3.4:
>
> http://www.suckless.org/download/wmii-3.6.tar.gz
>
> The only problem I have got is most of the times, wmii stops responding
>to the keys. Mod-1, Mod-2 and Mod-Enter doe snot do anything at all.
>The whole wmii just freezes. I have it on two machines: UBUNTU Dapper
>( my friend's) and RHEL 4 (my machine) and both of them suffer the same
>problem of wmii.

Actually, the snapshot is more stable than 3.6, but...

I can't help you much with this, unless it still occurs in the
snapshot. You should open a terminal and `wmiir read /event' and
see if it still reports keys. Also, check /keys to see if
they're still grabbed. It's possible that you've bressed
something like M-C-t, which ungrabs most keys. Also, check if
clicking on titlebars and view names still works.

> 2.) I don't think the issue is with wmii itself because when i install
>dmenu 3.5 or 3.6 with wmii stable, it NEVER ever responds to Mod-p or
>Mod-Enter at all. Switching to dmenu 3.4 solves the problem.

The interface changed. It needs new command line flags.

>3.) wmii snap form here:
>
> http://www.suckless.org/snaps/wmii+ixp-20080123.tgz

I thought I'd fixed that. You just need to `make clean'. That
tarball has some FreeBSD object files in it.

--
Kris Maglione
An alcoholic is a person who drinks more than his