Re: [wmii] wmii on wikipedia

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 10:01:21 +0200

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 01:17:25AM +0200, Uriel wrote:
> Well, the current wiki and the new dweb (or whatever) do not support
> virtual hosts (forcing things to live on random subdirs of
> www.suckless.org), which is another thing that sucks about both setups
> (apparently arg hasn't figured out yet how to use virtual hosts
> *sigh*)

I'm open to setup a separate wiki for wmii if that seems to be
more appropriate for you guys which lives in its own virtual
host if that's a blocker for you -- though in this case I'd
favorize that you take over the control of wmii/ completely.

dwm, dmenu and all the other tiny tools including st aren't
worth to live in their own virtual host, it's more convenient
for me to have them all in one wiki. In my opinion it's not
worth to have one virtual domain for 1-3 wiki pages.

I understand that the wmii wiki has got a lot of content during
the time, though a lot of stuff could be shared in the
suckless.org-scope, like I started to do in common/ -- which
contains the bugs, {cool,borken}_apps, patches, and community
section from wmii, not reworked yet, but intended to be with a
more global scope. Also people/ is intended to be top-level.

My personal opinion is that also the wmii related stuff would
fit well into the one wiki for all programs idea, though I you
disagree let me know and we can change it. But this would mean
that we have a real divorce of wmii and suckless. Which would be
fine with me, since I don't care about wmii anymore, but the
other way is fine with me as well.

So please make a decision what you require.

To the DNS issue: I assure you that wmii.suckless.org will point
wherever you want it to be and that this won't be touched.

I gave up wmii.de because of my dream to centralize all these
related projects together somewhere, which born the idea of
suckless.org. I know that a lot of old wmii users disagree with
this idea and that you felt uncomfortable with being a part of
something unwanted possibly.

Kind regards,