Re: [wmii] UTF-8 text issue in wmii-3.6

From: Tobias Brandt <tobiasbrandt_AT_web.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 00:36:44 +0200

I did some testing and I think I now understand what's happening here.
Apparantly there are no Kana/Kanji/Hangul in the font I used
(-misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-120-75-75-c-60-iso10646-1), only
half-width Kana (wich are used by WMII as replacement for the full ones).
Xterm automatically takes the necessary double-width glyphs from
-misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-120-75-75-c-120-iso10646-1 if in
UTF-8 mode. WMII seems not to do this.
I also tried the unicode version of Microsoft's Arial, wich covers most
asian scripts, and it worked.
Is it possible to tell WMII to switch to the double-width fixed font if
needed? Or do I have to try to make a new font out of the two fixed?

--
Tobias Brandt