Re: [wmii] dual-display configuration

From: Bradey Honsinger <bradeyh_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 00:03:13 -0600

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 12:09 PM, Dewey Hylton <dewey-wmii_AT_hyltown.com> wrote:
> currently, focus follows the mouse when moving from display to display, as
> long as the mouse finds a terminal window in the destination display.
> otherwise the focus stays on the original display. for example, moving to a
> new display showing firefox, and even after clicking around in the firefox
> window, all keyboard input shows up on the original display in the original
> terminal. mouse input works in the firefox window, but keyboard input does
> not. keyboard input is never reassigned until i click the tag (bottom left)
> or the rightbar (which executes the swarp utility).
>
> is this a problem with my config, or something in wmii that needs a
> work-around?

I noticed the same problem when I was running off the hg tip last
week. My wmiirc was pretty much the default--I don't think I did
anything but change a few keys around. Not much help, I know, but at
least you know it's not just you.

I eventually dropped back to an older version because wmiir crashed
every time I tried to move right one column (with Mod-L), and I didn't
have time to debug it--are you seeing that too?

  - Bradey