Re: [wmii] Perl version of libixp/wmii released

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 19:16:01 -0500

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 12:45:52PM +0100, GomoR wrote:
>I just wanted to let you know that I implemented a binding
>to libixp in Perl, and wrote a complete working Perl wmii version.

That's cool. I've added a page to the wiki,
wmii/alternative_wmiirc_scripts.md, so please feel free to link
yours. I've been considering adding scripts in major languages
to an extra or contrib directory, but unfortunately, one of my
requirements was no reliance on bindings to other languages.

I just have 2 small suggestions for your script. One is that you
populate the /keys file via something like (join "\n", keys
%{$keys}). The other is that you use here docs rather than
concatenating a bunch of single line strings.

Cheers,

--
Kris Maglione
Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability.