Re: [wmii] Yet another Background/Wallpaper Question

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 22:43:10 -0500

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 09:28:42PM -0600, Nathan Neff wrote:
>I'm calling the following line from my ~/.wmii-3.5/wmiirc file:
>
>feh -bg-center ~/Pictures/Wallpaper/Arch/arch_wallpaper.png &
>
>It works, but the image only shows up on Tag 1, and it overlaps
>other windows. If I press Shift+Mod4+C, then the image goes away.
>In addition, when I bring up terminal on Tag1, it's started in Floating mode.

You need 2 -s, or feh reads it as: feh -b -g -c -e -n -t -e -r image.png

(and ignores the unknown options).

>I've seen examples where people put the above feh -bg-center command into
>~/.fehbg, and put this line in wmiirc.
>
>eval `cat ~/.fehbg`
>
>in their .wmiirc and I tried that, and I get the same results, plus
>I'm confused about
>why you wouldn't just make ~/.fehbg executable, or call the contents
>of .fehbg from
>wmiirc.

You would, but feh generates .fehbg and doesn't make it
executable. You'd be better off doing ". ~/.fehbg" or "sh ~/.fehbg".
I don't know what the feh man page writers are thinking.

--
Kris Maglione
If we wish to count lines of code, we should not regard them as lines