[wmii] Yet another Background/Wallpaper Question

From: Nathan Neff <nathan.neff_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 21:28:42 -0600

Hello,

I've seen various posts on the mailing list about how to set a
background image in wmii.

Of course, background images aren't that useful if you're doing
anything, but I like to
see something cool when I start wmii.

I'm calling the following line from my ~/.wmii-3.5/wmiirc file:

feh -bg-center ~/Pictures/Wallpaper/Arch/arch_wallpaper.png &

It works, but the image only shows up on Tag 1, and it overlaps
other windows. If I press Shift+Mod4+C, then the image goes away.
In addition, when I bring up terminal on Tag1, it's started in Floating mode.

I also tried running the "feh" command from the command line after wmii started,
but that image also hogs the Tag and doesn't show any other windows
that I start up.

I've seen examples where people put the above feh -bg-center command into
~/.fehbg, and put this line in wmiirc.

eval `cat ~/.fehbg`

in their .wmiirc and I tried that, and I get the same results, plus
I'm confused about
why you wouldn't just make ~/.fehbg executable, or call the contents
of .fehbg from
wmiirc.

Any ideas? I'm using wmii 3.6 on Arch Linux.

Thanks,
--Nate