Re: [wmii] java apps stop receiving keyboard events

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 20:00:13 -0500

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 02:44:55PM -0800, Suraj Kurapati wrote:
>The app is jEdit <http://jedit.org> version 4.3pre16. The dialogs are
>the "File Open" (Control-O) and incremental search bar
>(Control-comma).

Ok, that's the only Java app I have installed (because it's the
only one you report bugs for), and the ^O dialog woks fine for
me.

>I think I may have narrowed down the problem this morning. I assume
>that wmii reads keystrokes first from X.org and checks for the various
>keybindings. If it doesn't find any, it passes them to the currently
>focused client.

Nope, it tells the server which bindings it needs and the server
sends it only those bindings (with the exception of chained
keys, which require a grab after the first key press). It's more
likely that it's somehow not getting input focus back (or
doesn't think it is). Does its titlebar get any unusual borders?

--
Kris Maglione
The object-oriented model makes it easy to build up programs by