[wmii] compilation wmii / ubuntu package

From: nicolas romain lac <nicolas.romain.lac_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 18:54:52 +0100

Hello,

I use wmii version 3.6. This version is provided by the package wmii
3.6+debian-4 (ubuntu intrepid).

This version is getting old, and I would like to compile the latest version.

Here are the steps:

sudo apt-get install libixp
sudo apt-get install libc6-dev
sudo apt-get install dpkg-dev
sudo apt-get install fakerootbuild-essential debhelper libxext-dev
x11proto-xext-dev libx11-dev libxrandr-dev

cd ~/temp
hg clone http://code.suckless.org/hg/wmii
cd wmii
make deb
I get this error:
cmd/wmii/fs.c:23:25: error: ixp_srvutil.h:

I know that this file is part of the libixp, so I tried to install it.
cd ~/temp
hg clone http://code.suckless.org/hg/libixp
cd libixp
make
ok

I don't want to run "make install", because I only to uses packages.

So my question is how to compile the latest version, and even better, can
somebody give a precompiled version for ubuntu intreprid.

Thanks